Don’t leave Zanzibar without taking this best – selling tour of Freddie Mercury. Walk the streets of Stone Town and follow in the footsteps and the highlights of Zanzibar’s most famous son, Freddie Mercury. Best singer of the rock band Queen, skilled musician, flamboyant showman and also a Zanzibar man. Born Farouk Bulsara on the 5th September 1946 in Shangani Street, Freddie Mercury spent his formative years living and playing in Stone Town’s winding alleyways. His parents were Parsi and had immigrated to Zanzibar from India.
• Get the legendary history of Freddie Mercury.
• See some Freddie Mercury’s performance.
• Learn about Zoroastrian religion.
• Enter the Gallery Shop, once home to Freddie Mercury’s Family.
• Complimentary Freddie Mercury t-shirt.
• End the tour with seafront romantic lunch at Mercury’s restaurant.
What can you expect?
His family was practicing Zoroastrians, a fire religion, founded more than 3000 years ago and believed to be the world’s oldest religion. After studying at boarding school in Bombay, Farouk Bulsara returned to Zanzibar, leaving with his parents and younger sister at the age of 18 for London, where his transformation into Freddie Mercury was completed. Wander through Shangani streets where Freddie Mercury was born and lived with his family. Your guide will take you to the Zanzibar Gallery shop, once home to Mercury’s family where you’ll receive a Freddie Mercury t-shirt.
From here, you’ll head to the mystical Zoroastrian temple, where Mercury worshipped with his family. You’ll end the day with a seafront lunch at Mercury’s restaurant, a modern day tribute to the man and the music.
Our Tour Guide Advise:
• Please dress conservatively when walking through Stone Town.
• Suitable for individuals and large groups.
• Closed walking or hiking shoes.
Need further info about Freddie Mercury Tour? Please call us now or meet our Tour Guides Team and save up to 20% Bonus for your next trip to Zanzibar.
For anything urgent, you can contact Us 24/7 on a local or international phone number.